As your Council Member, I have
- Improved public safety response times! And Oceanside’s crime rate is one of the lowest in 35 years!
- Promoted additional recreational opportunities! We have 3 new parks, skate parks, & we’re developing the 450 acre El Corazon Park with 22 soccer fields and competition and therapeutic swimming pools!
- Championed El Corazon Senior Center!
- Added hotels, leading negotiations for the Wyndham Timeshare, Marriott SpringHill Suites and upcoming SD Malkin luxury beach resort!
- Brought zero waste and $26 million to Oceanside; promoted tourism, including agri-tourism; brought Google to Oceanside, making Oceanside the first Google Indoor Maps city on the west coast!
- Promoted bike trails and Oceanside’s designation as a bicycle-friendly city!
- Addressed traffic issues with traffic calming, preferential parking programs, new roads, road widening, and synchronized traffic lights!
- Addressed at-risk youth issues, fought to keep our Oceanside Public Libraries, municipal swimming pools and parks; led in the construction of the highest number of affordable units and fought to save senior & veteran housing against Prop E!
- Resolved issues at the neighborhood level, protecting neighborhoods and providing access to services!
I am bringing more jobs and commercial opportunities, creating infrastructure improvements, working to restore the Buena Vista Lagoon to address unacceptable and unhealthy mosquito problems, developing alternative water sources for our residents and agricultural lands, and making Oceanside a greater world destination/tourist place!
I am working on fast-tracking competition and therapeutic swimming pools at El Corazon!
I am working to address our homeless issues, in addition to the work of our OPD Homeless Outreach Team!
I will continue to fight against dangerous and unsightly digital billboards!
California Coastal Commission
I am the only Oceanside City Council Member to serve on the California Coastal Commission representing all of San Diego County. As a Coastal Commissioner, I received recognition for my many contributions to sound planning and environmental decisions of the Commission. I have also served as Deputy Mayor for over 7 years.
Part of a 5 generation Oceanside family, I have a BA in Urban Studies and law degree from UC Hastings College of Law. I have practiced law for over 30 years, with a lifetime commitment of serving the public. I now have my own law practice in Oceanside.
Friends of Esther Sanchez for Oceanside City Council District 1 2018, FPPC #1306379
Campaign Office: 3784 Mission Ave #152, Oceanside, CA 92058; 442-500-8028
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1789, Oceanside, CA 92051